- Enhancing Federal Energy Saving Performance Contracts focuses (April 2010) on identifying improvements in federal Energy Saving Performance Contracts (ESPC) in the areas of retro-commissioning, advanced metering, operations and maintenance, and measurement and verification of savings. Although the recommendations are focused on ESPC, the suggestions contained herein will also support other types of federal projects
- Introduction to M&V for Super ESPC Projects, (August 2004) provides an overview of why and how M&V is conducted in Super ESPC projects. Topics include allocating project risk using M&V, overview of steps to verify savings, and key M&V submittals encountered in Super ESPC projects.
- Strategies For The Application of Advanced Meters and metering Systems on Federal Facilities Through Alternatively Financed Contracts (January 2005) identifies opportunities and establish guidance to install advanced metering technologies at federal sites, particularly via existing or new alternative financing vehicles.
- DOE guidance on advanced metering : Guidance
for Electric Metering at Federal Facilities, (February 2006)
- Quantifying Monitoring-Based Commissioning in Campus Buildings: Utility Partnership Program Results, Lessons Learned, and Future Potential (May 2007) summarizes the collaborative efforts between the University of California, California State University and California Investor Owned Energy Utilities on a new innovative prorgram to retro-commission campus facilities with the assistance of permantely installed energy monitoring equipment.
- Primer on metering technologies, communications and data storage “Metering Best Practices, A Guide to Achieving Utility Resource Efficiency,” Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP), US Department of Energy, Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, (October 2007)
- California Commissioning
Collaborative, Guidelines for Verifying
Existing Building Commissioning Project Savings - Using Interval Data Energy
Models: IPMVP Options B and C, (November 2008) is designed to help commision service providers, building owners and managers and energy effiency program managers to understand how to manage, design, and complete robust M&V procedures within EBCx projects.
Selecting Hardware Tools for M&V Data Collection